NEED SOME TRUTH?
CHECK OUT TRAVELING SOLDIER
Telling the truth – about the occupation or the criminals running the government in Washington – is the first reason for Traveling Soldier. But we want to do more than tell the truth; we want to report on the resistance – whether it’s in the streets of Baghdad, New York, or inside the armed forces.
Our goal is for Traveling Soldier to become the thread that ties working-class people inside the armed services together. We want this newsletter to be a weapon to help you organize resistance within the armed forces.
If you like what you’ve read, we hope that you’ll join with us in building a network of active duty organizers. http://www.traveling-soldier.org
And join with Iraq War vets in the call to end the occupation and bring our troops home now!
THIS ISSUE FEATURES:
1. “I, personally, don’t believe in fighting for the profit of a handful of people. I also don’t believe in fighting for a government that is willing, if not eager, to f— its own people over” says a soldier stationed in Kirkuk, Iraq.
2. “Not us. We’re not going.” – A Unit Revolts
3. Moving Forward Together – IVAW member Liam Madden explains why building a grassroots GI movement, not voting for a pro-occupation presidential candidate, will bring the troops home.
4. “The first time I put on that uniform I hoped I would wear it with honor. On Sept. 15, I finally did,” says Iraq veteran Michael Prysner at an anti-war protest.
5. While Bush’s Buddies Cash In On the War, Pentagon Scum Won’t Supply Wounded Female Troops With Clothes Forcing Them to Beg Civilians for Help